Financial support available for eligible pensioners
Attune Hearing is authorised to provide free hearing services, including free hearing aids to eligible pensioners and veterans (DVA), under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
Attune participates in the Hearing Services Program, which means patients are able to access Attune Hearing’s private services with no out of pocket expense.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible to apply for a hearing services Voucher if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are:
- A Pensioner Concession Card Holder.
- Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink.
- The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions.
- The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss.
- A dependant of a person in one of the above categories.
- A member of the Australian Defence Force.
- Undergoing an Australian Government funded vocational rehabilitation service and you are referred by your service provider.
You are eligible to receive other declared hearing services if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident and you are:
- Younger than 26 years.
- An Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander who is over 50 years, or a participant in a Community Development Employment Projects Program.
Services for Eligible Patients
Attune Hearing is authorised by the Department of Health – Hearing Services to provide the following hearing services to eligible persons:
- Free Hearing Test to identify the type and degree of hearing loss and communication disability.
- Free Hearing Aids and other devices to assist and improve communication and hearing ability.
- Comprehensive Audiology Report including interpretation of results and recommendations forwarded to the patient’s Medical Practitioner.
- Free Counselling to help the patient understand the impact of hearing loss on communication and quality of life.
- A Rehabilitation Program to help maximise communication potential for the client.
- Maintenance and Batteries supplied (conditions apply).
- 5 year hearing aid re-fit – determined by your audiologist.
How to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher:
Attune staff can assist patients with eligibility for hearing services and fill in an online application for the patient. We require the patients first name, surname, date of birth and eligibility number (such as a Centrelink or DVA card) and contact details. The system will then check if the patient is eligible. This only takes a couple of minutes.
Get a Medical Certificate
A completed medical certificate from the patient’s doctor is required to finalise the online application process. Attune staff can assist patients by providing a pre-filled form to take to their doctor to complete or alternatively fax the form to the patient’s doctor.
Hearing Services Provider
Once the patient has a signed medical certificate and the application has been processed they are now eligible to receive services under the Hearing Services (HSP) Program.
- If the patient is currently an Attune client in the Australian Government Hearing Services Program, they may be able to receive a Return Voucher every three years which will entitle the patient to a full review of their hearing.
- Attune can now assist your patient in obtaining a voucher if they require assistance. Please phone 1800 195 155 for your local clinic.
- Information on the Program is also available from the Department of Health’s Call and Information Centre on
1800 500 726 (or 1800 500 496 for users of TTY equipment).
For more information visit: www.hearingservices.gov.au